Each year GRAND Magazine selects the best new books for grandparents. This year, in recognition of their new My GRANDbaby section, they focused on books that will appeal to new grandparents. I’m honored they selected my book, When Being a Grandma Isn’t So Grand: 4 Keys to L.O.V.E. Your Grandchild’s Parents.
Back in 2004, when Christine Crosby launched GRAND Magazine, there were not a lot of book choices. But with the explosion of baby boomer grands, this book category is growing as fast as our grandkids.
To help them make their selection for this year’s recognition of the 13 Best Books for New Grandparents, they asked fellow members of the GRANDparent Network to pitch in. These books offer sage advice for seasoned grandparents as well as new ones.
- Good to Be Grand: Making the Most of Your Grandchild’s First Year by Cheryl Harbour
- Today’s Grandmother: Your Guide to the First Two Years by Angela Bowen
- Becoming Grandma: The Joys and Science of the New Grandparenting by Lesley Stahl
- The Grandest Love: Inspiring the Grandparent-Grandchild Connection by Jerry Witkovsky
- The Grandparents Handbook by Elizabeth Laban
- Ask Dr. Gramma Karen, Vol. 2: Savvy Advice to Soothe Parent-Grandparent Conflicts by Karen Rancourt
- When Being a Grandma Isn’t So Grand: 4 Keys to L.O.V.E. Your Grandchild’s Parents by Donne Davis
- The Good Granny Guide by Jane Fearnley-Whittingstal
- The Grandparent’s Book by Miriam Stoppard
- Glorious Grandparenting: Having the Time of Your Life with Your Grandchildren by Hunniford, Gloria (2010) by Gloria Hunniford
- The Essential Grandparent: A Guide to Making a Difference by Dr. Lillian Carson
- The Grandparent Guide by Dr. Arthur Kornhaber
- The Granny Diaries: An Insider’s Guide for New Grandmothers by Adair Lara