GaGa Sisterhood Meetings in 2020 Are on Zoom
Nov 8 — Co-authors Leslie Zinberg and Pam Siegel will share some thoughts about mindful grandparenting based on their book, Grandparenting: RENEW, RELIVE, REJOICE.
- Oct 11 — “A Conversation with Barbara Greenleaf, author of Parents of Adult Children: You Are Not Alone.”
- Sept 13 — Linda Stroh, GaGa Sisterhood member and author of “Getting Real About Getting Older” will share some insights from her book with a focus on the chapter — “The Parent-Adult Child Relationship: Can We Do Better?”
- Aug 9 — Member Mixer: Get to know another GaGa member and learn a little bit more about yourself in the process of answering a few thought-provoking questions.
- July 12, 2020 — Karen Gould, MFT will present “Six Facets of a Balanced Life.” We will learn how to focus our energies on six dimensions which will help us fortify our lives with strength and purpose.
- May 3, 2020 — Beth and Peter Bostwick, of You Can Choose, will teach us some tools to “Shift Your Thinking, Shift Your Life.” We’ll learn how to shift our thoughts to change our behavior.
- March 8, 2020 — Group discussion on issues facing modern grandmas, for example, valuable lessons you’ve learned as a parent, getting along with the other grandparents, biggest challenges.
- Jan 12, 2020 — Member Mixer is our most popular meeting of the year. We get to know each other in small groups by answering some thought-provoking questions.
GaGa Sisterhood Meetings in 2019
- Nov 10, 2019 — Lauren Savage, co-owner of The Reading Bug, an independent family-owned bookstore in San Carlos, CA will tell us about the best books for children of all ages…the best books to read aloud together and best books for older children to read alone! Giveaways and a special discount for members of the GaGa Sisterhood”
- Sept 10, 2019 — Annual dinner al fresco at a member’s home
- Sept 8, 2019 — Dr. Louise Aronson is a geriatrician, UCSF Professor of Medicine and author. She will discuss her new book, Elderhood: Redefining Aging, Transforming Medicine, and Reimagining Life.
- July 14, 2019 — Carla Brown will lead an interactive presentation on how to tame our inner critic and give ourselves the gift of self-compassion.
- May 19, 2019 — Member Mixer is our most popular meeting of the year. We get to know each other in small groups by answering some thought-provoking questions.
- March 10, 2019 — Barbara Tyler and Philippa Perkin will present a workshop titled: “Gratitude, Happiness & Healthy.” We’ll learn how gratitude is directly linked to better health and neutralizes worry, fear and complaining.
- Jan 13, 2019 — Barbara Greenleaf, author and blogger (Parents of Grown Offspring) will discuss “You and Your Grown Child: Why Didn’t Anyone Provide an Owner’s Manual?”
GaGa Sisterhood Meetings in 2018
- Dec 6, 2018 — Annual Holiday Luncheon to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the GaGa Sisterhood.
- Nov 11, 2018 — Francine Toder, Ph.D, psychologist and writer, will share some of the 51 ways to explore the world mindfully from her new book, Inward Traveler: 51 Ways to Explore the World Mindfully.
- Sept 9, 2018 — Author Paola Gianturco will discuss her new book, Wonder Girls: Changing Our World.
- Aug 30, 2018 — Annual potluck dinner al fresco.
- July 8, 2018 — Member Mixer
- May 20, 2018 — Storyteller and speaker Elaine Lung will teach us improvisation games we can play with our grandchildren.
- Mar. 11, 2018 — Author Dante Drummond, will discuss her memoir Homeward Bound: Memoirs of a Foster Child.
- Jan. 14, 2018 — Marion Gellatly, founder of Powerful Presence will kick off the New Year with tips on style advice to build your self-confidence.