Silicon Valley Chapter
GaGa Sisterhood Meetings in 2019
- Jan 13, 2019 — Barbara Greenleaf, author and blogger (Parents of Grown Offspring) will discuss “You and Your Grown Child: Why Didn’t Anyone Provide an Owner’s Manual?”
- March 10, 2019 — Barbara Tyler and Philippa Perkin will present a workshop titled: “Gratitude, Happiness & Healthy.” We’ll learn how gratitude is directly linked to better health and neutralizes worry, fear and complaining.
- May 19, 2019 — Member Mixer is our most popular meeting of the year. We get to know each other in small groups by answering some thought-provoking questions.
- July 14, 2019 — Carla Brown will lead an interactive presentation on how to tame our inner critic and give ourselves the gift of self-compassion.
- Sept 10, 2019 — Annual dinner al fresco at a member’s home
- Sept 8, 2019 — Dr. Louise Aronson is a geriatrician, UCSF Professor of Medicine and author. She will discuss her new book, Elderhood: Redefining Aging, Transforming Medicine, and Reimagining Life.
- Nov 10, 2019 — Lauren Savage, co-owner of The Reading Bug, an independent family owned bookstore in San Carlos, CA will tell us about the best books for children of all ages…the best books to read aloud together and best books for older children to read alone! Giveaways and a special discount for members of the GaGa Sisterhood”
GaGa Sisterhood Meetings in 2018
- Jan. 14, 2018 — Marion Gellatly, founder of Powerful Presence will kick off the New Year with tips on style advice to build your self-confidence.
- Mar. 11, 2018 — Author Dante Drummond, will discuss her memoir Homeward Bound: Memoirs of a Foster Child.
- May 20, 2018 — Storyteller and speaker Elaine Lung will teach us improvisation games we can play with our grandchildren.
- July 8, 2018 — Member Mixer
- Aug 30, 2018 — Annual potluck dinner al fresco.
- Sept 9, 2018 — Author Paola Gianturco will discuss her new book, Wonder Girls: Changing Our World.
- Nov 11, 2018 — Francine Toder, Ph.D, psychologist and writer, will share some of the 51 ways to explore the world mindfully from her new book, Inward Traveler: 51 Ways to Explore the World Mindfully.
- Dec 6, 2018 — Annual Holiday Luncheon to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the GaGa Sisterhood.